Inglot What A Spice Eyeshadow Collection Review and Swatches!

Saturday 29 October 2016


In terms of makeup looks, Autumnal makeup is my absolute favourite - I love using dark berries and browns, I really think it's a look you can't go wrong with. When Inglot released their What A Spice collection recently, I was all over it as the shadows are just stunning, and actually very unique. One of the main things that intrigued me about this collection was the fact that I honestly don't own any other shadows like these in my collection.
Inglot have released 10 shadows, 10 lipsticks and 5 lip liners. The lipstick shades are absolutely stunning, but I had to resist them as my lipstick collection is completely and utterly out of control at the minute! 

I settled on 5 shades from the eyeshadow collection and I'm absolutely in love with them. From left to right I got the shades 304, 305, 299, 301 and 303. These are €6 each and the quality of them is phenomenal when you consider the price. They're incredibly smooth and buttery, and blend together so seamlessly. I generally tend to use a transition shade in the crease (normally Beaches and Cream by Makeup Geek) in order to help blend out my eyeshadows a little easier but it's really not necessary with these shadows. My favourite thing about the Inglot Freedom System is that you have control over what shades go in your palette. This will be my go-to shadow palette for the autumn/winter as I have everything I need to create the perfect smokey cranberry look. 

As you can see from the swatches above, the shadows are highly pigmented and the colours really pop, even without a base. In terms of longevity I think Inglot eyeshadows are some of the best on the market - they really stay in place throughout the day. I always use Urban Decay's Primer Potion underneath my shadows but these are actually good to go on their own! 

I love the fact that this is a matte collection as I think matte eye looks are particularly striking in the autumn/winter with dark lips and a good bold eyeliner. I used this palette on a night out last week but to add some sparkle I topped the look with one of Inglot's burgundy pigments, which I'll be showing you in a blog post next week - I'm obsessed! 

As I said, there are 10 shades available in the What A Spice collection, and the 10 shades and your Freedom System palette will set you back €75 if you can't settle on just a few shadows from the collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS