The range consists of eight shades - four mattes and four shimmery. For every matte shade in the collection, there is a corresponding shimmery one. I absolutely love the packaging - the matte shades have a gorgeous, sleek matte container, and the shimmery colours' packaging has a glossy finish.
You can use the sticks dry for high-intensity, vibrant colour, or wet for a sheer wash of colour.
The consistency of these blush sticks is impeccable - they apply so smoothly and they're incredibly creamy. They feel really soft and they blend like a dream, you don't even need a brush to blend them - a light tap of your finger is enough to blend the product out. They don't budge throughout the day or look patchy. The wear is absolutely incredible! They're also only £5 each. Are you in love yet?!
Let's take a closer look at each shade:
- Matte Malibu: this is a seriously good dupe for NARS' Laguna Multiple! It's almost a terracotta shade, it's quite dark. It's the perfect contour shade for getting those really sculpted, Kim Kardashian-esque cheekbones. When I first applied it, I thought it was very dark on my skin, but when I blended it out with a damp makeup sponge, it looked beautiful. I would definitely recommend using it wet to get the best result!
- Matte Pink: this is a beautiful bubblegum pink with a blue undertone. It makes the most stunning blush shade - it gives a beautiful pink flush to the skin without being too harsh. On the lips, it's smooth and doesn't dry the lips at all. It reminds me of Snob by MAC.
- Matte Rush: Matte Rush is my favourite of all the matte shades! It's the most stunning coral colour, that looks equally incredible on the lips and cheeks. The only coral blush I have aside from this one is Sephora's Coral Crush, which is just too shimmery for daily use. Matte Rush is the perfect everyday colour that really injects the right amount of colour onto the cheeks. I personally prefer wearing all these products on the cheeks as opposed to the lips, but this particular colour will look incredible in the spring/summer time.
- Matte Dream: This is such a unique colour that I'm so glad I can add into my collection. It's the most breathtaking pale baby doll pink, which is just so striking on the cheeks. As my skin is on the paler side, I don't use this on my lips as it emulates the dreaded concealer lip look on me.
- Dream: this is my favourite shade of the whole collection! It is the nicest highlighter I own, it's a very pale, pink toned highlight. I love using it as an inner corner highlight as well as on the tops of my cheekbones and under the brow bone. What I love about it, as well as the other shades, is that you are in complete control as to how it looks - you can choose to wear it sheerly or really build it up for an intense colour. If you only check out one shade in this range, it has to be Dream!
- Malibu: Malibu is quite a dark, warm toned brown. It's obviously not suitable for contouring as it is a satin finish, but used lightly, it looks beautiful to give a warm glow to the face. If you're on the paler side, I would definitely recommend using a light hand with this product as a little goes a long way and it can look quite overwhelming on paler skin tones if you're not careful.
- Pink: I absolutely love this blue-toned bubblegum pink! On the lips it reminds me of Snob by MAC, as it has that same satin finish. On the cheeks I would compare it to Dandelion by Benefit, just perhaps a slight bit darker and cooler. It's not even a fraction of the price of both of those products, and you can get the same effect of both in one convenient tube. Win-win if you ask me!
- Rush: Rush is the best dupe I have ever come across for Orgasm by NARS! It has the same finish, colour pay-off and formula. It's a beautiful warm pink with golden shimmer. If you've ever wanted to try Orgasm by NARS, be sure to pick this little guy up - I'm in love with it!
For me, these products are faultless. Their performance and quality really rival premium brands that offer the same products at crazy prices. Makeup Revolution is fast becoming the drugstore makeup brand to watch!
Let me know what you think of the Makeup Revolution Blush Sticks!
Zara :-) x