Current Beauty Favourites!

Thursday 4 August 2016


I feel like I haven't done a proper blog post in so long. I've been so busy with work and holidays that I kind of put the blog on the back burner, but now I really want to get back to my routine of three blog posts a week, as I have so many new products to share.
Instead of doing a July favourites, I'm going to show you some of the products I've been loving over the last few months. I've been trying out loads of new beauty launches, so there'll be some more in-depth reviews coming up over the next few weeks!

                                    Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel, €24
I was on holidays last week and I found that the weather made my skin so much drier than it usually is. I normally use the Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser, but I didn't find that it was actually giving my skin the hydration it needed. I've tried a Clinique moisturiser before so I picked this up, hoping for the best, and I absolutely love it. I don't like using a fragranced moisturiser on my skin at night as I just can't stand having a fragrance lingering on my face at night, so I love that this is completely fragrance free. This is a gel formula, so it's really lightweight and great as a makeup base during the day. It absorbs into the skin instantly and doesn't leave any stickiness behind. After trying this, I'm definitely going to be trying more Clinique skincare.

                                   Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in 'Stripped', $20
This has definitely been my favourite beauty find recently. I absolutely love liquid lipsticks, my favourites being the Kylie Lip Kits, but I was dying to try Anastasia's offering. My best friend went to LA last month and managed to get me Stripped, which is a beautiful neutral beige nude shade. It's a matte shade, so I find it can be quite drying, but if you use a good lip balm beforehand it definitely makes a huge difference. Stripped is so long-wearing, and it doesn't crack or start to gather on the lips, the formula is really excellent. It's my go-to lipstick for any makeup look - I'm in love with it!

                                          Flormar MaXXL Volume Lash Mascara, €8.95
When it comes to drugstore mascaras, Flormar are one of the best brands on the market. This is my favourite of their mascaras, as it's great for both volume and length. I don't like long spidery lashes, so I love that you also get volume with this mascara. The wand is the perfect size for coating all the lashes evenly, and it has a little bristles on the top to catch the smaller lashes. I've been trying a few new mascara launches recently, and I've found that some of the mascaras smudged so badly. This is a great mascara for someone with watery eyes, as although it's not waterproof, it's budge-proof.

                                                Dior Star Concealer, €34
My holy grail under-eye concealer is the Urban Decay Naked Skin, but I wanted to change it up as I get bored using the same products all the time, so I picked this up on a whim. Dior certainly didn't disappoint! Dark circles are instantly neutralised, and the under-eye area is left looking so bright. I love a highlighting concealer for the under the eyes, and this is perfect. I have the shade 001, which is the perfect brightening shade for my skin tone. It doesn't deliver as much coverage as my Urban Decay one, so I tend to use this more on a day-to-day basis, and for a night out I use both of them layered.

                                         Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette, $46
Kat Von D's Contour Palette has been raved about by beauty bloggers and Youtubers for such a long time, so I was delighted to finally get my hands on it last month. I've never had a contour kit like it before that features brightening powders as opposed to highlighters. I'm obsessed with Lyric, which is the yellow beige shade - it works so well for setting your under-eye concealer. There's a great selection of contour shades in this palette - I often find that taupe powders can look quite dirty on paler skin tones, but this palette really covers everyone. It's not available in Ireland as of yet, but rumour has it Kat Von D Beauty is launching over here at the end of the year!

                                                 Chanel Blush in 'In Love', €40
My go-to cheek colour has been Chanel's 'In Love' blush. It's a coral peach with a golden shimmer throughout. It's actually quite similar to NARS' Orgasm blush, but it's a little less pigmented. I love that the product is so finely milled that the shimmer gives a gorgeous sheen to the skin, there's no chunky glitter particles in it. I personally find the smell of Chanel blushes a little overpowering - they've got a really strong rose scent, but the colour of this blush is so beautiful, it's worth putting up with the scent!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS