Maybelline Pop Art Baby Lips

Friday 1 July 2016


I am a big fan of Maybelline's Baby Lips range - although they're not the best lip balms on the market, they do the job, they come in the cutest colours and flavours, and they're pretty cheap. I find them so handy for just throwing in your bag and keeping with you on the go, especially because most of them have a bit of colour pay off too. I easily own about 12 different Baby Lips at this stage, which is far more than one human will ever need, but I just can't resist how cute they are. I'm a marketing person's dream - if the packaging is pretty, I have to have it. The Baby Lips range have been such a huge hit that Maybelline are constantly adding to the line-up, and have recently launched their Baby Lips glosses, which I will have a review of coming soon!


Anyway, Maybelline have just released their limited edition Pop Art Baby Lips - new flavours with pop art designs on them. Their two new shades are perfect for the summer months - we have Grapefruit and Bubblegum. I believe there's five new shades in this line-up, but so far all of the Boots I've looked in are only stocking these two shades. Although they look fairly similar to two of their pre-existing shades, Grape Vine and Pink Punch, they smell and swatch differently. Grapefruit is more of a watermelon red-pink, which is surprisingly intense when applied to the lips. I think it'll be super handy on holidays for a quick wash of colour across the lips without the bother of using lipstick. Bubblegum is a little disappointing, especially compared to Pink Punch, which is my favourite of the Baby Lips range. It doesn't show up at all when you swatch it. It smells nice, but it's not really worth buying purely for the scent.


Like I say with all of the Baby Lips collections that I review, they're a little bit of a gimmick, if I'm being honest. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but they're definitely not essentials in your makeup bag. I love the different designs, and I keep a nice little collection of them on my makeup desk, so if you're like me and love to collect makeup, they're worth picking up for that alone. But I certainly wouldn't say they're a must-have, especially if you already own some of the Baby Lips collection. They're pretty cheap just to have as handbag balms at €3.99 a piece, so if you're a fan of the pop art design, they're on Maybelline stands now!

2 comments:

  1. This lip color is very nice!!


    Better Service,Lower Price,Get More Fun at http://www.rs2joy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of these, and you can never go wrong with Baby Lips! I used to use them all the time in my old job. They do work well, especially during the summer when it feels too warm and clammy to wear lipstick. :)

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS