Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation Review!

Friday 11 March 2016

From handbags to makeup, Chanel is a brand that never fails to impress me. I've never disliked anything I've ever tried from them, so I'm always all over it when they release new products.

Their latest foundation is part of the Les Beiges collection, which is all about healthy, glowing skin. The Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation is described as "an invisible foundation that creates a natural healthy glow by giving skin the radiance of a day spent outdoors." I've recently gotten really into dewy, highlighted skin so I was intrigued to see how I'd get on with it.

It's marketed as a light to medium coverage foundation, but I would say it's more on the medium to full coverage side. It's very light in consistency, so it's easy to build up but with one layer I would definitely say it's medium coverage. It gives the most beautiful natural sheen to the skin without looking greasy or too shiny. I'd describe it as a satin finish, which is so gorgeous for this time of year.

It's one of those rare foundations that looks good no matter how you apply it! I've used my fingers, a buffing brush, my Beauty Blender... regardless of what tool I use, I love the finish of it. My personal preference at the moment is my Beauty Blender though, as it makes it a little lighter on the skin. If I want a fuller coverage, I tend to use my buffing brush.

In terms of longevity, I can't fault this foundation. I get a full college/working day out of this without touching up, and at the end of the day it still looks as fresh as it did when I applied it in the morning. I always use a primer though, as I prefer the way my makeup sits on my skin with a base under it.

The only thing that may be off-putting for some people is the smell of this foundation - it smells absolutely beautiful, as all Chanel foundations do, but it's very strong and the fragrance lasts on your face all day. This isn't an issue for me as I love the smell of Chanel foundations, but if you have sensitive skin it may be something to consider.

This is my everyday foundation, and I definitely see it being my favourite for quite a while yet. I wear the shade 20, which is a perfect match for me, but I'll be buying myself a darker shade for the summer too!

The Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation is €45 and is on Chanel counters now.

Are you a fan of Chanel foundations?

Zara :-)x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS