February Favourites 2016!

Monday 7 March 2016

February has been a great month for me in terms of makeup - I've discovered so many new favourites, as well as some old gems that have been forgotten in my collection. I feel like as a blogger and all-round makeup junkie, I buy and try so many products that I tend to forget to check back in my stash and see what gems I used to love. So in today's post I'm going to run you through the products I've been loving recently!

Nivea Post Shave Balm
One of my favourite makeup artists, NikkieTutorials has sworn by the Nivea Post Shave Balm as her number one primer for years, but it was never something that really captured my interest. However recently, more bloggers and Youtubers have actually put it to the test and realised that this is quite possibly the best makeup base on the market! I saw it in my local pharmacy on offer for €3.50 at the end of January, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try it for myself. I am obsessed! It has such a thin, watery consistency so it applies like a dream and doesn't feel heavy under your foundation. I find though that it takes a few minutes to soak into the skin, so I always apply it and then move on to my eyes before applying my foundation!

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
This is an old favourite that I recently rediscovered. I don't really rate this as a pore eraser, but I love the velvety texture and it is an excellent primer. I use this after I use the Nivea aftershave balm as I love the feel of it on my skin, and it's just an extra bit of product for my foundation to adhere to. It's the best drugstore primer I've come across so far, so it's definitely one to check out if you're looking for a good budget buy. Last year Maybelline released two more primers to the Baby Skin range, so I might have to try them for a comparison post!



MAC Fix+
This is probably my standout product from the month of February. MAC's Fix+ is a cult product as it is a great multifunctional product - it's a setting spray, it adds a little dewiness to the skin, and it can be used to wet eyeshadows for a metallic effect. Up until recently I was never a fan of a dewy skin look, so Fix+ wasn't a product that appealed to me, but I picked it up a few weeks ago and as you can see, I've used up half a bottle of it already! I love using it before I apply makeup, as a setting spray, to dampen my Beauty Blender... the possibilities are endless! It's one of those products that you have to try to believe the hype, but it'll be a definite repurchase for me!

NYX Eyebrow Cake in Taupe/Ash
At the end of January, I said goodbye to my beloved Kiko Expert Eyebrow Styling Kit, as it was completely used up. It's the only product I've used in my brows for the last two years, and they've since changed it, so I was really at a loss as to what to turn to. (Very dramatic but eyebrows are serious business!) I'm quite fussy with the brow powders I like, because I don't like having really dark brows - I love to use taupes in my brows. I found this eyebrow cake at my local NYX stand and I absolutely love it. I don't use the Ash shade but the Taupe is perfect for my brows. I also love using the wax after I apply the powder to hold them in place. It's also a bargain at €7.75!

L'Oreal Matte Max Lip Pen in 'Silencio' & Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay Lip Pencil in 'Ex Girlfriend'
My go-to lip combination for February consisted of these two gorgeous peachy-nude shades from L'Oreal and Urban Decay. I won't harp on about the L'Oreal lip pen as I've done a full in-depth review of it here, but it's such a great everyday shade that's surprisingly comfortable on the lips. The lip pencil is part of the limited edition Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay collection, and I love it so much I'm considering buying a backup before the collection is gone! It's the first lip pencil I've ever tried from Urban Decay and I'm seriously impressed - it's so soft on the lips and stays put all day long. It definitely won't be the last pencil I try from Urban Decay!


So they are my favourites for the month of February! I know the blog was quiet last month as I was so busy with college and work, but I'll be back in my three posts a week routine from now on! 

What products were you loving in February?

Zara :-)x 

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS