The Ultimate Foundation Brush From Primark/Penneys!

Thursday 28 January 2016


I'm a bit of a makeup brush junkie for a few reasons - number one, I'm always looking for the best way to apply product to really get the best out of my makeup. Secondly, I hate washing my makeup brushes so I like to have enough to keep me going for as long as possible without having to wash them! I love trying out new brushes, particularly from budget brands, as I've always been a believer of the motto that you get what you pay for in terms of makeup brushes.

Penneys (or Primark, if you're in the UK) launched their PS...Love Makeup range last year and all of the products have received rave reviews - from liquid lipsticks to brush cleansers, there is nothing that Penneys haven't thought of. A couple of months ago Karen from Lovely Girlie Bits was raving about their duo-ended powder and blush brush, so naturally I had to try it out.

On one side of the brush you have your traditional powder brush - it's incredibly soft and is perfect for applying cream or powder products. I personally use it for bronzer as I love how it evenly spreads product across the cheeks. In the picture above it looks quite flat but that's because I photographed a brand new one that had just come out of the packaging!

On the other side, you have your blush brush. I don't use this for blush, this is my foundation brush. It's quite similar to the Real Techniques Buffing Brush only it's much smaller. I prefer this as it's great for blending in concealer under the eyes - it gives such a beautiful flawless finish. I used to use my Beauty Blender to blend in my concealer but the short bristles on this brush really melts the product into the skin and gives a gorgeous finish.

My foundation of choice at the moment is YSL's Fusion Ink foundation, and this is the perfect brush for blending it in seamlessly. One thing I really love about this brush is the fact that product doesn't clump in it. I find that with most buffing brushes you lose most of the product as it starts to gather in the bristles, but this isn't an issue I've found with this brush.

When it comes to the dreaded task of cleaning my brushes, this brush is so easy to wash. I use my Real Techniques Cleansing Gel , which takes any dirt or grime out of the brush in seconds and the bristles dry in a few hours. Even after washing the brushes really hold their shape well too.

The PS Brush range is available in stores now and it is definitely worth checking out the next time you find yourself in Penneys. The duo-ended brush is €2.50, and believe it or not, it's actually the most expensive of the brushes! The single brushes are a mere €2, so they certainly won't break the bank if you're looking for a few new brushes to add to your collection!

Have you tried any of the new Penneys brushes?

Zara :-) x

2 comments:

  1. Discover the Ecosmetic Foundation Small EF 02 foundation brush by Makeup Secrets, a masterpiece in sustainable beauty. Crafted with soft, vegan bristles, this hypoallergenic brush is perfect for sensitive skin. Its smaller brush head allows for detailed application and precision, reaching hard-to-access areas effortlessly. Ensure your foundation blends seamlessly with this brush, providing a naturally flawless finish. With an ergonomic handle for a comfortable grip, achieve controlled application every time.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS