My Skincare Routine featuring Liz Earle and YSL!

Monday 18 January 2016



If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you'll know that something I have always struggled with is my skin. I'm constantly posting reviews of different additions to my skincare routine  in a bid to find the perfect products for my skin. Recently I've come to realise that I've never really had any sort of stability in my skincare routine - as a blogger I'm so lucky to be sent products all the time, meaning that I'm always switching up what I'm using on my skin. So I made the decision to stop trying new skincare products as I've finally found the perfect products and routine for me. My skin has never looked better, I'm so happy with how it has cleared up.

Now my skincare is fairly simple and only contains a couple of steps. I was recently reading a post on Kendall Jenner's website about how she cleared up her acne and her dermatologist also recommends a simple skincare routine consisting of only the essential products your skin needs.
I keep my skincare routine the same for both morning and night, with the exception of an extra product to cleanse at night if I've been wearing makeup during the day.

                                         Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
My cleanser is the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, which is the best cleanser I've ever tried. You begin by applying a pump of it to your face - it has a creamy texture, it feels like you're applying a moisturiser to the skin. When you're finished applying it in circular motions, you run a muslin cloth under warm water and use it to remove the product from your face. You can use any muslin cloth but I buy the Liz Earle brand ones as I really like how they feel on my skin. Make sure the water isn't too hot when you apply it to your face though!

                                          Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic
I absolutely love spray toners as I find them so much handier when I'm in a rush in the mornings. Liz Earle also do this in a traditional toner bottle if you prefer to apply it using a cotton pad. This is the travel sized one which is so handy for bringing in your bag and taking with you during the day. It's so light and refreshing on the skin. It's great for redness on the skin too, it really calms the skin. I particularly like the spritzer bottle because I find that it absorbs into the skin instantly, so it's super quick and easy to use.

                                                 YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum
This is my favourite part of my skincare routine - my YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum. I got this a few weeks ago as a sample and I completely fell in love with it. I gave a sample of it to my mum and she's also loving it, so I got her a bottle too! I love the light consistency and it absorbs into the skin instantly. I think it's marketed towards older women as an anti-aging product but I love how plump and soft it leaves my skin feeling. I use this day and night after my toner, just before I apply my moisturiser. I find that you only need the tiniest amount to do your whole face so although it's an extremely pricey addition to my skincare line-up, it's one that's bound to last me a while!

                                                    Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser
I round my routine off with my Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser. This is a gorgeous, thick moisturiser that's quite concentrated so you only need a small amount to do your entire face. It's charged with natural neroli, cranberry and rosehip oil seeds. These are all naturally active ingredients that leave my skin feeling so soft and fresh. I use this both morning and night as I don't have particularly dry skin so I don't feel like I need to switch up between a day cream and a nighttime moisturiser.

                                                 Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
The only extra addition to my skincare routine at night is my Garnier Micellar Water, which I use as a first cleanse if I've been wearing makeup. If I haven't been wearing makeup during the day I don't bother with this step, but it's brilliant for removing the bulk of your makeup before using the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish. I've tried so many micellar waters, including the pink bottle of the Garnier, and I've found this to be one of the best. I also love the Bioderma Micellar Water - I've gone through about 4 bottles! - but the Garnier water is just easier to come by so I tend to buy it more often. This is the formulation for combination/sensitive skin and I think it's much better than the original. 


So that is what my daily skincare routine consists of - I try to use a face mask about twice a week, and I've just ordered the Glamglow Supermud face mask to try, so I'll be sure to let you know how I get on with that. 

What are your staple skincare products?

Zara :-)x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS