October Favourites!

Wednesday 4 November 2015


Finally, a favourites post from me! I had intended on doing one of these every month, however some months I just don't have enough products, or anything that I feel is worth sharing to warrant doing a whole blog post. October was such a busy month for me, between uni assignments, work and turning 19 I feel like my blog wasn't updated half as much as it should have been! However I've finally got myself into a routine that allows me to blog regularly again.

I'm so excited that it's November - the countdown to Christmas is finally on! I'm like a lunatic when it comes to Christmas, it really brings out my inner 5 year-old. I've already done all my Christmas shopping and I have plenty of Christmas-inspired blog posts ready to go - when is it appropriate to start sharing Christmas blog posts?!

Anyway, for today I have some really great products that I've been using and loving recently, so let's start with skincare:

La Roche Posay Serozinc, €10
I'm a huge fan of La Roche Posay products and I've been meaning to pick this up since it launched earlier this year. I love spray toners (my favourite is the Lush Tea Tree Water) so I finally picked up a bottle of Serozinc a couple of weeks ago. Basically, it's a toner in a can that you just spray on your face, pat off the excess and you're good to go. It's super efficient if you're someone who needs a quick and effective skincare routine in the mornings like me! It's designed for those with oily/problematic skin, and I've found it to be effective on my skin. It's lovely and refreshing, and really hydrating. It's great value at €10 for a 150ml bottle as you only need one spritz to cover your whole face, so I'd highly recommend this if you have oily skin and are looking for a new toner for your routine.





Nip & Fab Skin Glycolic Fix Serum, €9.99
I was having a lot of trouble with my skin over the last month or so, so I've been testing out so many new skincare products! One of the stand-out products I tried is this Glycolic Fix Serum from Nip+Fab. I'm going to do a full in-depth review of this so I don't want to get into too much detail now, but it's a gel-like texture that smooths your skin and minimises the look of pores. You use it at night and your skin looks and feels so radiant the next morning. The Nip+Fab skin range is so highly raved about by bloggers, I'm definitely going to be testing out some other products from this collection, so let me know if you have any recommendations! Even if you aren't suffering with particularly bad skin like I was, I'd still check out this serum just for the feel-good factor it gives you! Nip+Fab is in stock in most Penneys/Primark stores and Boots.




Zoella Beauty Foam Sweet Foam Cleansing Shower Gel
I'm a huge fan of Zoella, and her Zoella Beauty line has certainly not disappointed me! My sister actually bought me this a while ago and I use it every single day - I love it. This shower gel is from her second range, which is the Tutti Frutti one. My sister uses the Soak Opera shower gel from Zoe's first collection, but I definitely prefer the fruity, sweet smell of this one. If you're familiar with Justin Bieber's 'The Key' perfume, this smells identical to it! It's difficult to explain, but it's incredibly sweet and girly, however it's not overpowering on your skin after you use it. It's a really brilliant shower gel - it lathers up really well, and it doesn't dry your skin out at all. The packaging is also adorable - I love the colour scheme Zoe chose for the Tutti Frutti range! I have some pieces from Zoe's Christmas gift sets to review too, so stay tuned for those!


Victoria's Secret Aqua Kiss Body Spray
I absolutely love the Victoria's Secret body sprays - I own at least 10 of them at this stage! I tend to rotate my collection regularly, but this scent in particular has been a go-to for me. Aqua Kiss is a very cool, refreshing scent that contains Aloe Vera, freesia, fresh daisy and chamomile. It's a hard scent to describe - it's not a summer scent, but I wouldn't classify it as a winter exclusive either. I think it's one of those fragrances that you could wear any time of the year and it just works! It's a fresh scent that's not too overpowering, but it lasts all day. I put mine on before uni at about 7am and when I get home around 5pm I can still smell it on myself! Now that it's November I think I'll be getting out my Victoria's Secret Snow Mint fragrance - it's the ultimate Christmas scent for me! If you'd like a blog post on all my Victoria's Secret sprays, let me know!




Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation
This is an oldie but goodie! I bought this in New York last November, and although I loved it, I stopped using it for ages as I trial so many foundations I tend to use one for a few weeks then move on to the next. This is a light to medium coverage foundation that's really easy to build up. It looks so natural on the skin and it feels like you're wearing nothing on your face! For higher coverage, I tend to apply it with my Beauty Blender, so the way you apply it definitely makes all the difference in terms of coverage. It's great for a day at college as it stays put all day and gives a lovely radiant, dewy finish. If you're like me and have oily skin, a bit of powder on the t-zone makes it last all day. This is quite pricey at $50 a bottle, and unfortunately we can't get it here in Ireland but all European Sephoras now stock Marc Jacobs so if you find yourself at a Marc Jacobs stand, I couldn't recommend this more! I have a full, in-depth review of this foundation here.


MAC Spirit Lipstick & Makeup Forever Lip Pencil in 3C
My favourite lip combination of the month has been MAC's Spirit Lipstick and my Makeup Forever Aqua Lip in 3C, which as you can see, is well loved! I'm definitely going to repurchase it soon. I have a full review of Spirit on my blog here - it's a beautiful mid-tone brown that's a satin finish. It's quite an underrated MAC lippie in my opinion, I rarely hear people talking about it! It reminds me a lot of Velvet Teddy, only a little bit darker.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this lip pencil on my blog - I got it in Sephora last year in New York, but luckily here in Dublin we have a Makeup Forever shop! It's one of the best lip pencils I own - it's so soft and creamy, and it lasts all day without drying out your lips. As it's an aqua pencil, it's so long-wearing and the colour is beautiful too!




So they are my favourites for the month of October! I've also decided that this year I'm going to participate in Blogmas! This is simply where you update your blog every day from the 1st of December to Christmas Eve. I wanted to do it last year but I completely forgot about it, so I can't wait to do it this year!

Zara :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS