Catrice Defining Blush Review and Swatches!

Monday 16 November 2015

To me, a makeup look isn't complete without blush. I think it just adds that finishing touch and really pulls a look together. I've never really been majorly impressed with blushes I've tried from the drugstore so I've been on a mission to find the best blushes that the drugstore has to offer. These Catrice Defining Blushes are the best I've found so far, and I genuinely think they'll be tough to beat!

The Catrice Defining Blushes are ultra-fine, highly pigmented and super blendable. I think one of the most important qualities that I look for in a blush is that it's actually easy to blend. It's great when a blush is highly pigmented, but I'm not a fan of the clown look so I have to be able to actually spread it evenly! These blushes are finely milled so they're very easy to work across the cheeks and add a really sculpted look to the face.

As you'll see from the swatches below, these powders are incredibly pigmented so a little goes a long way. If you do happen to go overboard on the blush front, they're really soft so you'll be able to grab your powder brush and blend the excess away!

Legend-berry is a gorgeous mauve/berry shade that I thought would be perfect for this time of year. It was a bit of a risk for me as it's not a colour I would generally go for on my cheeks - I'm definitely a peachy pink blush kind of person! Although it's pigmented, it blends beautifully and is actually a very easy shade to wear. The texture of this blush is gorgeous, it's really soft and while there's a sheen to the blush, there's no chunky glitter, nor does it emphasise your pores. This is the shade I've been getting most use out of, so I'd definitely recommend this if you want to try out a new blush shade without the hefty price tag.

Think Pink is a lovely light pink shade with a hint of peach in it. I actually think it's quite similar to Melba by MAC, only slighter more on the pink side. It's definitely not as pigmented as Legendberry but it gives the most beautiful, subtle glow to the skin. I've been using this on days where I'm not wearing much makeup as it's the perfect way to add a light flush of colour to the cheeks.






These Catrice blushes are absolutely fantastic and I would even go as far as saying they rival some of my high-end blushes. They cost a mere €4.49 each and comes in six different shades so you're bound to find something for you!

Zara :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS