The Kylie Edit: Gerard Cosmetics Serenity Liquid Lipstick & Estée Lauder Lovers Blush!

Wednesday 18 November 2015

There's no doubt about it - Kylie Jenner has become some what of a beauty icon over the last year or so, with her signature lip colour becoming an international sell-out. I'm personally a huge fan of Kylie's makeup looks, and today I have a review of two products that Ms Jenner is actually wearing in the above photo! They're both absolutely incredible products that you'll want to put on your Christmas wish list straight away!

Gerard Cosmetics Serenity Hydra-Matte Liquid Lipstick
Anyone familiar with MannyMua on YouTube may be aware that he recently collaborated with Gerard Cosmetics to create his own Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Serenity, which is a beautiful warm pink with brown hues. I would say it's lighter than the famous Kylie Jenner colour, but it still has that hint of brown in it. When her makeup artist posted the above photo of her wearing the lipstick, the beauty world went into a frenzy! 


Serenity has become my go-to shade - I love it for everyday wear as it's a little easier to pull off than the mauve shade that Kylie is so well known for. Although it's a matte lipstick, it is by far the most comfortable liquid lipstick I have ever worn. It's incredibly moisturising and soft on the lips - it doesn't dry to feel hard on your lips, it's like a satin finish lipstick. The wear time is fantastic - it lasts all day on me without wearing down, even after eating and drinking. It transfers slightly but the colour is still there at the end of the day.
I bought mine from Beautybay.com for €14.50 - I'd highly recommend it!

Estée Lauder Pure Colour Blush in Lover's Blush
This is the blush Kylie is wearing in the above photo. It's an absolutely beautiful shade which is actually the only one of its kind in my makeup collection. Lover's Blush is a soft, nude-pink that has a lovely light shimmer in it. As you can see in the swatch and on Kylie's cheeks in the picture, it gives a stunning lift to the cheeks and a lovely natural wash of colour. It's quite pigmented so I find that a little goes a long way, but it applies so smoothly and doesn't get blotchy throughout the day. It's pricey at €36.50, but it's a huge compact that'll last you years!


I have been wearing these products on a daily basis and I think they are truly excellent products. 

Are you a fan of Kylie's makeup looks?

Zara :-) x

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS