Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Review!

Monday 28 September 2015

Charlotte Tilbury is hands-down one of the most luxurious makeup brands out there at the moment, and Charlotte herself is one of the most hard-working, passionate makeup artists I've ever come across. So when she releases a foundation that was five years in the making, it's bound to be a good 'un.

I had Charlotte's Light Wonder foundation (which is said to be Kylie Jenner's holy grail), but I never went back to it as I just found the coverage to be too light for my acne-prone skin. It's a beautiful foundation for those who like a light coverage foundation, however I'm delighted that Charlotte decided to broaden her range and create a medium-to-full coverage foundation.

The Magic Foundation is described as a medium, buildable coverage foundation that is light weight and flawless. It blurs pores, stays put all day and has an SPF of 15.

It most definitely makes the skin look flawless - it smoothes over pores and covers redness and blemishes effortlessly. I love the inclusion of SPF, as it's so important - even if you live in Ireland, like me!

The staying power is quite good, however it definitely doesn't stay flawless all day on my oily skin. I find that it has to be mattifed every few hours with some powder, but that doesn't bother me too much.

It gives the most beautiful demi-matte finish that provides the skin with a stunning, radiant yet natural glow. They also cater for all skin tones, from the palest of pale, to deep skin tones. I wear the shade 5 - Medium and it's perfect.

Recently my skin has been giving me a bit of trouble and it's breaking out left right and centre, so to get some extra coverage I've been mixing this with my holy grail, L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation, and they really are a dream team.

If you're on the hunt for a new high-end foundation, I would definitely recommend checking out the Magic Foundation. I absolutely love it, and I believe it's totally worth the price.

The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation is on counters now and will set you back €40.

Are you a fan of Charlotte Tilbury's products? What should I try next?

Zara :-) x

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I might pop into BT and try this one. Sounds like my kind of foundation!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS