L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation Review!

Wednesday 10 June 2015


I've been trying out so many new drugstore foundations recently, but I think I've found my current favourite. I've been testing out the L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Foundation for about three weeks now, and I can definitely confirm that it's a good 'un.

Although I have incredibly oily skin and I love matte foundations, I never actually buy specifically matte foundations - I usually buy satin finish bases and mattify them with my own matte powders. I bought the Infallible foundation after seeing countless Youtubers and bloggers rave about it, and my local pharmacy had it for 33% off, making it a mere €8 - I couldn't resist, could I?

The Infallible promises to be a medium high coverage, shine-control foundation that will last for 24 hours. Like I said with the Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation I reviewed, I don't ever see myself in a situation where I'll have my base on for that long, but I was intrigued to see how long it would wear on certain occasions, but more on that later. I have this in the shade 12 -Natural Rose, and it's a perfect match for my skin at the moment.

Before application, I make sure that my face is well moisturised so this foundation doesn't cling to any dry patches I may have. I love to use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for application as I found it was the only brush to give me the optimum coverage I desired. If you prefer a more sheer finish, I'd recommend a Beauty Blender or the Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

The foundation is incredibly easy to blend into the skin, and despite being a full coverage foundation, felt weightless on my skin. Although I love the coverage of the foundation, I've been suffering with really bad stress acne on my jawline, and I needed additional concealer to cover it all up. However these spots will hopefully gone when I finish my exams on the 12th, so I'm not going to complain about them too much! That aside, the coverage is really excellent. My drawback with full coverage foundations is always that they'll look cakey or like I've got a mask on. This couldn't be further from the truth with this foundation. It's so natural looking on the skin.

In terms of longevity and how long my skin stayed matte, I couldn't praise the foundation enough. As I said earlier, my skin is incredibly oily so it's quite rare for me to find a foundation that stays put all day. I recently wore this to the 5 Seconds Of Summer concert, and I was shocked to find that it was still perfect when I got home after the show. I had the foundation on for about 9 hours in total and it didn't budge or get shiny at all! Even though the venue was quite warm and I was incredibly excited, it didn't show on my foundation! I didn't need to touch up once, nor did I feel like my skin was starting to get a bit sticky or oily.

 The L'Oreal Infallible Foundation is €11.99 and is 100% worth the hype. They also have a matching primer which I'll definitely be picking up too!

What's your favourite drugstore foundation?

Zara :-) x

3 comments:

  1. I swear by this foundation! My absolute favorite! Even on my holiday in Spain where it was pretty damn hot (+27) I still had fresh matte face. Amazing!

    Great review xx

    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this foundation! Think I will be picking up another darker shade for the summer because it's so cheap!
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this foundation so much! I have dry skin and works well with a good moisturiser first. Already on my 2nd tube :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS