YSL Rouge Volupte VS YSL Rouge Volupte Shine

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Before I got my beloved Tom Ford lipstick last Christmas, I was a YSL lipstick girl through and through. The packaging, the formula, the smell - they were the only high-end lipsticks I was constantly buying!

YSL do several different lipstick ranges, but their most popular seems to be the Rouge Volupte range. About two years ago, YSL introduced the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine collection, which claimed to have multiple ingredients to make wearing the lipsticks incredibly comfortable.

Today I'm going to be showing you my favourite lipstick from each Rouge Volupte range and telling you which I prefer, as I know many people are unsure of which Volupte they want to splash out on. I'll be comparing and contrasting the two so it can hopefully help you pick which one you'd like - or maybe you want both...sure why not?!

The YSL Rouge Volupte range has the most incredibly soft, sily texture that applies so smoothly and comfortably to the lips. They're intensely pigmented and long-wearing - they leave a bit of a stain on the lips so your lipstick never really goes away during the day! This lipstick is 09 Pink Caress, which is a muted raspberry colour. It's a great everyday option that has a satin finish, so there's no need for an additional gloss over the top. The formula of the Rouge Voluptes is very moisturising and they smell absolutely incredible - all YSL lipsticks have a mango scent to them which I absolutely love. It reminds me of summer!

Pink Caress on the lips!

The YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks are not as a pigmented - they're more of a strongly-tinted balm on me, really. They're not sticky but they're very buttery and glide onto the lips. They feel very creamy and moisturising on the lips, like the Rouge Voluptes. This particular shade is 13 Pink In Paris, and it's probably my all-time favourite lipstick (alongside my beloved Tom Ford Spanish Pink, of course!). It's the perfect summery pink that's glossy but not too heavy on the lips - it's my ultimate go-to lipstick during the summer months.
Pink in Paris on the lips! 

I think the main difference between the two formulas is the pigmentation. As you can see the swatches, the YSL Rouge Volupte in Pink Caress packs much more of a punch than the Rouge Volupte Shine in Pink In Paris. I personally feel that the Rouge Volupte Shines are a nicer lipstick to wear as they feel much lighter, and for the spring and summer months I prefer to have a more balm-like lipstick.
Top: Pink Caress Bottom: Pink in Paris

I obviously love both, but I tend to gravitate towards the Rouge Volupte Shines over the original Rouge Volupte. I would highly recommend both, but if you're like me and you're more of a fan of a lipstick that's not intensely pigmented for these warm months, the Volupte Shines are the way to go. If you'd like to take it a step further, YSL also offer the Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy lipsticks, which come in a silver tube rather than the gold that the other Rouge Volupte family members have. They're very much a light wash of colour, and may be a nice option if you're a little scared of pigmented lipsticks!

So what are you a fan of - Rouge Volupte or Rouge Volupte Shine? Or are you like me and just want them all?!

Zara :-) x

2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I have Rose Infinite but would like one or two more..xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so gorgeous! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS