Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude Foundation Review!

Monday 18 May 2015



There's nothing I love more than a good quality drugstore foundation. When it comes to foundation, I'm definitely not a believer in buying exclusively high-end. Particularly in the last year or two, I feel like the drugstore brands have really come up trumps in the foundation department.

For as long as I've been into makeup, I've been a huge fan of Rimmel foundations, however recently I realised that it's been quite a while since I've tried one from them. So on a peruse around Boots, I found their latest offering, the Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude foundation, on offer for a mere €5.99. It would have been a pure sin to leave it behind, wouldn't it?


Of all the drugstore foundations I've tried recently, it's by far my favourite - it truly stands its ground against my much more expensive foundations.

I chose the shade 200, Soft Beige, which is an absolute perfect match for my skin. I was actually surprised by this, as I normally find colour matching drugstore foundations can be really hit and miss.

This is a medium-coverage, satin finish foundation, that leaves your skin glowing. It's incredibly lightweight and applies so evenly. I personally like to apply it with a buffing brush, which leaves a beautifully natural, airbrushed finish. It sits on the skin really well, and I would say the coverage is definitely buildable. I love that it doesn't feel wet on, it's like a second skin.

In terms of longevity, I can't tell you that it stays put for 25 hours - I can't quite imagine a circumstance where I would be worried about my makeup staying in place for that long. However, I wore it on my graduation night and it stayed flawless from 6pm to 2.30am the following morning with no need to touch up - that's fairly impressive by my oily-skinned standards!

Although it has SPF 20, when photos were taken inside the nightclub with flash, my skin didn't look ghostly pale at all, which surprised me as I expected a white cast from the SPF. I actually don't think there is any bad news when it comes to this foundation.

It's available in six shades, and this is the third shade in the collection. Of all the drugstore brands, Rimmel definitely cater the most for the paler skinned ladies of the world.

So yes - this foundation is love. Dare I say it, it comes incredibly close to my beloved Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation (and they both have ridiculously long names!). It's really that good.

Rimmel have brought out some excellent products recently, so keep your eyes peeled for more reviews from yours truly in the next week or two.

What's your favourite drugstore foundation?

Zara :-)x

3 comments:

  1. I always hear such great reviews about this foundation and have never tried it out - I really need to give it a go x


    gillmclaughlin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read alot of good reviews of this product, great post x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this foundation, i started using it again this week, wonderful review Zara :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS