My Ultimate Louboutin Red Lipsticks!

Monday 16 March 2015



I wouldn't say I'm a fussy person when it comes to makeup. I like to experiment and branch out. Usually in the comfort of my own bedroom, but perhaps one day my orange eyeshadows will see the light of day...
However, one thing I am particularly fussy about is red lipstick. I mentioned this recently in a blog post, but I thought it would be apt to expand on it further and show you my ultimate red lipsticks.
I like my red lipsticks how I like the bottom of my shoes - Louboutin red!

I'm sure you all know from reading my blog that I'm a huge fan of Christian Louboutin shoes - I've got two pairs and I exclusively refer to them as my babies. I just love the shade of red that Mr Louboutin is famous for, so I love finding a good red lipstick that will match them happily.
Let's take a further look at my top picks, shall we?


  • Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon - This is the teeny-tiny lipstick in the above picture! How cute is it?! This is the sample size that came in Sephora's Christmas lipstick tester pack, so if you're planning on buying this, you'll be getting much more bang for your buck - I promise! This little gem applies like a gloss but dries to a matte finish. It can be quite drying on the lips so be sure to apply plenty of lip balm beforehand, but the colour is just so beautiful it's worth the pain! 
  • Makeup Revolution Atomic Lipstick in Atomic Ruby - I've reviewed this little guy on my blog before, which you can view here. This is the quintessential Louboutin red - it's glossy, highly pigmented and long wearing. However, in utter contrast to a real Louboutin - it's as cheap as chips! Atomic Ruby will set you back a mere £1 and is quite possibly my all-time favourite red. Quite impressive, non? 
  • Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw - Oh how I wish we had access to Kat Von D here in Ireland. This baby lipstick came in the same set as the Hourglass, so it's also significantly smaller than the full-size. It's a smooth, creamy lipstick with a matte finish. It's a true colour you'd expect to see on Kat Von D herself - it's quite vampy but it's also the ideal red. Like the Hourglass, it can be a little drying so be careful! 
  • Glo & Ray La Amo Shimmer Lip Colour in Seduce - I also reviewed this lipstick recently in my Glo & Ray Date Night post. It's my current go-to red, as I've been really enjoying glossy reds of late. The pigment of Seduce is excellent, and it's incredibly long-wearing, as are all of the lipsticks featured. I only recommend the best! 
  • Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Ink in Red Essence - a perfect vampy red for your collection! I absolutely love this lip stain - it's non drying and has a beautiful finish. It takes a little layering to get it up to true opaqueness but it's worth the battle! 
L-R: Atomic Ruby, Seduce, Red Essence, Icon, Outlaw
So there you have my top five red lipstick picks. I would also highly recommend investing in a good red lip pencil, as I personally find red lipsticks a pure nightmare to apply without one. I adore Cherry lip pencil by MAC - it goes with every red! 

Let me know what other red lipsticks you'd recommend! 

Zara :-) x

(Also - just in case you're wondering, the black Louboutins are Bianca 140mm and the nude are Pigalle 120mm!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS