February Favourites!

Monday 9 March 2015


It's hard to believe that it's been over a month since I last sat down and wrote about my January favourites...where did the month of February go?!
Thanks to having a week and a half off school last month, I had more time to play with my makeup than usual, so I have plenty of beauty favourites to share.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
This is a concealer that I go through phases with - sometimes I can't get enough of it, other times it's banished to the back of the concealer drawer and never gets to see daylight. My skin has been surprisingly good this month, however sometimes I'm left with very red marks after I've had a spot, so I need a good coverage concealer as foundation never seems to cover them properly. The coverage of Lasting Perfection is phenomenal - it's so natural yet it hides a multitude of blemishes and redness. I have two shades that I tend to swap around, depending on the time of year. At the moment I'm using Light 1.

BD Trade Secrets Luminescence Primer
A few weeks ago I was sent some products from BD Trade Secrets to try out - a full review is coming next week! - but this product has become such a go-to product for me I have to mention it. It's obviously a foundation base, but it provides a beautiful luminosity to the skin and the glow stays all day! It glides effortlessly over the skin and prolonged the wear of my foundation for about three or four hours, which is no mean feat considering the oil-slope that is my skin. It also has a really pleasant scent - quite summery, nothing too heavy. This little gem is available from Tesco, but be sure to check back next week for the full scoop on the range!

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush 
Last month Max Factor sent the beauty world into a tizzy when they dropped a range of six new powder blushes which look like the baby of Hourglass' Ambient Lighting blushes and Milani's Baked Blushes. This shade is called Gorgeous Berries, and the name essentially sums up the product. It's the perfect berry shade with a golden highlight in it. It instantly reminded me of my beloved Milani Baked Blush i
n Berry Amore, however when I swatched them the colours aren't quite the same. I will do a comparison post on them in terms of formula though, so stay tuned! Anyway, what I love most about this blush is the sheen it leaves on my skin. Traditionally I have found baked blushes to leave glitter on my face more so than a sheen, whereas this blush leaves the most stunning iridescent glow. The pigmentation is absolutely mental as well - you need to get your hands on a Creme Puff blush asap.

Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Blush Palette
I did a full review of this palette back in December and I absolutely loved it, however I have so much makeup to try, so it got pushed to the back of my drawer. I brought it back out last month and I used it pretty much every day - the highlighter shades are absolutely stunning! The palette is jammed back with dupes for popular MAC powders, so I'd highly recommend checking it out. For £6 you really can't go wrong! You can see some swatches and more information here!

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette
You may have seen my full in-depth review of this palette here last week, but I just couldn't resist putting it into my favourites, as it was probably my favourite beauty product of the month. It's such a versatile and easy to use palette, it transitions seamlessly to create both day and night looks. It's a minimal effort palette, which I absolutely love. My current favourite combination of colours is Cover on the lid and a mix of Primal and Undone in the crease. I've been asked to do a daily makeup routine post featuring this palette so I will be sure to get that up in the next week or two. In the mean time you can read my full review of the palette here.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
My only skincare favourite of the month is a wonder product by La Roche Posay. Effaclar Duo is a treatment product for blemishes, and is primarily recommended for oily skin. It unclogs the pores and refines the look of the skin texture. I bought this in Spain back in January, and have used it pretty much religiously since then. Last month I had my Mock exams, so my skin was completely broken out again due to stress, but the moment I applied Effaclar Duo it began to tame my skin and banished all blemishes within a day or two. I'd highly recommend having this in your drawer for those days when your skin needs a little TLC!








Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
I'm a huge fan of the Soap and Glory body products (namely the Righteous Butter!), so when I got this I had high hopes for it. As per usual, it did not disappoint. The smell of this product is absolutely divine! The easiest way to describe it, is that it smells exactly like smearing 7up all over you! It has a very strong lime scent, which lingers long after you've used it. I personally love those lemon/lime scents so this is right up my alley. The brown sugar particles make this an ideal exfoliator, it leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean. If you're not a huge fan of lime scents, I'd recommend the Pulp Friction body scrub - it smells very similar to the Righteous Butter!

    So they are all my beauty favourites for the month, and this month's music favourite without a doubt has to be the 50 Shades Of Grey Soundtrack. I saw the film when it was released and really enjoyed it, however the soundtrack was the key factor in this! Well, perhaps a little bit of Jamie Dornan too... Anyway, the selection of songs on this album is just incredible, and the variety of artists really made it a diverse album. My absolute favourite song of the month has been Ellie Goulding's Love Me Like You Do - it has been on repeat all day every day!

Be sure to let me know your favourites in the comments below!

Zara :-) x

Shop This Post!




5 comments:

  1. omg yes-the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack was sooo good!!

    http://not-so-new-york.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share so many favourites! I have loved the Naked Basics 2 palette and it made my favourites too this month! The Golden Sugar palette is another great one for me, the highlight colours are great for the eyes too!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blush is an amazing colour! I am definitely looking into getting that! the colour looks amazing with your skintone aswell :)
    x noirbeanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Sugar Scrub is my all time favourite body scrub too! It smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling so soft xx

    Rachel | beautyandthebird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to try the sugar scrub, it sounds amazing and I bet it smells like a dream!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS