January Favourites!

Monday 2 February 2015


The worst month of the year is over! January is always a bit of a downer after Christmas, but luckily my January was broken slightly due to my holiday earlier in the month. Anyway, today I'll be sharing the products I have been using most frequently over the last month or so. I'm also trying to make it my goal to do these favourites posts each month, as they were incredibly scarce last year!



NARS Laguna Bronzer
I'm almost positive that this is the world's most raved about bronzer. I'd tried for so long to stay away from it and not give in to the hype, however when I went to Sephora in New York last November, it was quite literally calling my name. I got it in the Orgasm/Laguna duo, and I don't think I've ever felt love for a bronzer like this before. It's the perfect shade for me - not too pale, not too orangey and not too dark. I'm a fussy one to please in terms of bronzers, but this ticks every box. It's perfect for contouring or even just for a natural warmth to the face. I can't get enough of Laguna and I will most definitely be purchasing the full size when I hit pan on this one, which I imagine will be quite soon at this rate!

MAC Melba Blush
This is another American purchase that I have been wearing non-stop this month. Melba is the perfect matte peach blush that looks good with absolutely any make-up look. I'm normally a big fan of my pink blushes, so I'm glad to have another colour to use! Melba is highly pigmented, but the formula makes it so easy to blend, allowing it to look natural on the skin. I can't fault it - the wear is excellent, the pay-off. It's the perfect peach blush. Dare I say it - I think it is surpassing Dainty as my favourite MAC blush.









Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Pencil in 'East End Snob'
You all know my current obsession with lip pencils, so when Amelia Liana suggested this as a great dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow Talk, I was desperate to snap it up. I got it for Christmas, and I've been wearing it non-stop. It's one of those colours that can go with nearly any lip colour. I love it with my Tom Ford Spanish Pink lipstick and nude lipsticks in particular. The formula is so creamy, it glides over the lips but the wear time is incredible. It's also as cheap as chips - what's not to love?!

MAC Lipstick in 'Brave'
My love of the Kylie Jenner lip trend strikes again. I know, I know. I'm sure you're all sick of hearing me rave about my various Kylie Jenner lip colours, but this one is just so worth the mention! 
Brave is a pink-beige colour that's a satin finish (my favourite finish by MAC!) but it almost applies and looks like a creamy matte. It's definitely one of those 'your lips but better' shades that I think would flatter a good variety of skin tones. I love to pair it with Soar lip liner, but it's beautiful on its own or even with a little gloss over it. 







Eylure Brow Pencil in Mid Brown
I reviewed a few pieces from the Eylure brow range last year and I absolutely loved it. Recently my brows were looking a little lack-lustre so I decided to switch up my eyebrow routine and start using this pencil again. I absolutely love how it looks on my brows, as it's much darker than you'd expect. It's quite creamy and easy to work with, and the spoolie on the opposite side of the pencil is so handy as well. I'd highly recommend checking it out! 






Rimmel X Rita Ora Nail Polish in 'White Hot Love'
When I was going on holidays, I wanted a nail polish that would flatter my tan, so I decided to go with white. I had my eye on the Rita Ora for Rimmel collection for a while, but I never bothered to buy anything from it, so I took the opportunity to test her range with this colour. It's a beautiful pearly white that looks absolutely beautiful on the nails. What surprised me the most about this nail polish was the longevity of it - I wore it for almost two weeks with no chipping. And it cost less than €5! It lasted better than my much more expensive polishes, which has made me weary of splashing out on high-end nail polishes in the future.

So they are my beauty favourites of January! Normally I share a music favourite at the end, but there hasn't been any stand-out songs or albums for me recently, I've still been loving my One Direction and 5 Seconds Of Summer albums!

What are your January favourites? 

Zara :-) x 

1 comment:

  1. Great Post, the Nars blush and bronzer duo looks stunning. I feel like it would add the perfect amount of colour, it's a shame I am so pale! MAC lipstick in Brave is also a beautiful shade. If I could - I would splash out on it. Personally I love the Kylie Jenner lip trend!!


    Love from Leah --- BlushinglyBlonde.blogspot.co.uk!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS