My Favourite Transitional Lip Colours For Autumn!

Friday 3 October 2014

It's weird to think it's officially autumn, considering the weather has been so warm recently. I personally love autumn/winter time - I particularly love the make-up looks for this time of year.
Considering it's not quite the time to whip the Ugg boots out again, I'm going to share my favourite transitional lip colours that are autumnal, but not your standard deep purples that are so popular for the autumn/winter time. These lip colours are more along the lines of berries and mauves, which I absolutely love. I don't suit reds and dark purples very well so I tend to stick with the types of colours I'm showing you here. So let's jump in!

YSL Rouge Volupte #9, €33
In my opinion, no brand does lipsticks quite like YSL do. In terms of packaging, quality, colour selection - I really think the price you pay for them is justified. This particular shade is the perfect transitional colour, it's a beautiful muted raspberry pink. I would say it's a very versatile colour that will suit many skin tones, as it shows up differently on everyone. On me, it looks like more of a berry pink, but other bloggers have photographed themselves wearing it and it looks like a darker bubblegum pink.
The quality of these lipsticks are indescribable - they're so soft and buttery, they just glide on your lips in one opaque swipe. What I love most about this lipstick for Autumn, is that it can be worn with a dramatic eye look or played down make-up. It's a perfect choice for however you like to wear your make-up. And just look at that packaging! Swatches of all the lippies are at the end of the post!

Essence 'Wear Berries' Long Lasting Lipstick, €2.79
This little number has made an appearance on my blog several times, I just love it so much! Essence actually discontinued a few lipsticks from the Long Lasting range, but thankfully my beloved Wear Berries is still available! It's a muted berry shade with a satin finish. It's a great colour to have in your collection because it is appropriate for both day and night looks as it's not an overbearing purple. You can see this on in my Janoskians Make-Up Of The Night post and a more in-depth review of it in my Essence Guide.



Rimmel London 1000 Kisses 'Wine' Lip Pencil, €4.65

I love good quality lip liners that are creamy enough to use all over the lips, as sometimes I prefer the colour of lip pencils to actual lipsticks! This 1000 Kisses lip pencil from Rimmel is one of my favourite autumn/winter shades as it's so versatile and compliments pretty much every eye look. Sometimes I wear this on its own with a brown lipgloss over it, or I recently found out it looks beautiful underneath the YSL Glossy Stain which I will be showing you next! The best thing about using a lip pencil is that even when you eat or drink it'll have better staying power than a lipstick. I would definitely recommend checking out the Rimmel lip liners even if this shade is not for you, they have a fantastic colour selection!

YSL Glossy Stain #4, €33
And my love affair with YSL continues! This glossy stain is no stranger to my blog, I have featured it in several posts, including my Dirty Dancing Make-Up Of The Night. This lip stain is probably one of my all-time favourite lip colours - it's not something that I would usually go for but I love it so much! The only way I could describe this colour is a red-purple-wine shade. It's quite difficult to describe as it's such a unique colour. I love this for autumn/winter as it's one of those lip products that you have complete control over - you can choose whether the colour is nice and sheer or bold and bright. With these glossy stains, you just keep layering until you get the colour you desire. I know this shade will be my absolute go-to colour for this autumn/winter!

Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tints, €8.99
Royal Plum
 Last but not least are these lip tints from Max Factor. I love lip tints as they're so hassle-free and allow you to go about your day without worrying about having lipstick on your teeth or having to touch-up throughout the day.
I absolutely love the Max Factor lip tints for autumn/winter as the colours are just so gorgeous but they're not too overpowering. These are my two favourites, but their names are completely wrong - when you look at the swatches below you'll know what I mean! The names don't match the colours at all.
Pink Princess
Names aside, the lip product itself is just magnificent. They apply so smoothly across the lips, and can be built up to whatever intensity you like. I also love how they're in a felt tip pen, as it allows you to double them up as a lip liner too.
My favourite lip tint is Royal Plum, as it really suits my complexion and makes your teeth look super white! Although the colour is called Royal Plum, as I said earlier, the name is totally off. To me, this is more of a cherry colour. But still beautiful none the less! Just don't be fooled by the name!
I have been reading other bloggers' reviews of this product and I've seen many girls express their concerns over how quickly their lip tint dried out. I have had my two for about a year or so now and I still find that they perform the same! Perhaps it's something to do with storage? Anyway, I would totally recommend checking these out the next time you're at a Max Factor stand!

Let me know your favourite autumn/winter shades so I can add them to my wishlist!
Zara :-) x


6 comments:

  1. My all time favorite fall shade is the Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie, but you've got some great picks here! I may give those stains a try because I've been looking for a good one for a while. Thanks for the swatches!

    ~Robyn
    Teenybitofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love plum shades this time of the year. YSL #9 is gorgeous! x

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both YSL products are stunning! Gorgeous fall shades! xx

    Emily ⎜ Daisy Locks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that W7 shade, I've still never came across this brand but really want that shade! The two YSL shades are beautiful, my favourite is YSL no 18 which is think is called Prune in Fire? But may be too dark for what you like x

    tmzn loves / beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. The YSL lipstick is a stunning shade. Great picks!

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my YSL Glossy Stain in Naughty Mauve for this time of year (and all year, really) :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS