Kat Von D Alchemist Palette Review and Swatches

Monday 12 June 2017



When it comes to highlighters, I'm firmly in the 'more is more' camp - I want to be seen from the high heavens, please and thank you. Now that we're coming into festival season, I wanted to look for more ways to ensure that my highlighter is so popping that my friends don't lose me in a crowd - enter Kat Von D's latest launch, the Alchemist Palette. Seven years in the making, the Alchemist palette consists of four holographic powders that can be used on the eyes, lips or cheeks to create the most incredible iridescent glow.

As you can see from the swatches above, this isn't going to be your go-to, everyday highlighter palette. It's absolutely perfect for festival season to really finish off your look and I'll be drowning myself in it this summer! However if you're looking for ways to incorporate it into your everyday looks, the powders are perfect for using as an inner corner highlight. My favourite is pink opal in the inner corners paired with a matte brown eye and a winged liner. You can also put them on top of your matte shadows for a pop of colour. As a highlighter though, I think that's best reserved for nights out or bold makeup days.

The powders are ridiculously pigmented and blend out so smoothly on the skin. The powder is so finely milled with no chunky pieces of glitter. It's quite a small palette but the powders really pack a punch so you'll find yourself using very little at a time.

If you're into subtle makeup, I'd give this palette a miss, but if you're into bold makeup, this is an essential. It's so versatile and an incredibly unique palette. It'll set you back €32 and is available on Kat Von D counters and online now. It's a hard one to get your hands on, but definitely worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY want this palette! I don't think I can justify the price though sadly as I would only use this on my lips to give it a bit more of a pop. :)

    It looks amazingly pigmented though! :D

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS