NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks Review and Swatches!

Thursday 14 April 2016

Gone are the days of brands releasing standard bullet lipsticks - liquid lipsticks are huge at the moment, and every brand has brought their own offerings forward. Personally, I'm a little indifferent when it comes to liquid lipsticks - if I like the colour I'll buy it, but I don't go out of my way to try liquid lipsticks over a standard lippie. There have only been two liquid lipstick launches to really catch my eye - the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits and the NYX Lip Lingerie. Obviously the Kylie Lip Kits are near impossible to get ahold of, but a few weeks ago the NYX Lip Lingerie collection was launched on the Boots website. I got three shades to test out, but I'm already eyeing up a few more to add to my liquid lippie collection...


The NYX Lip Lingeries are described as weightless liquid lipsticks with a lush matte finish. What's interesting about this collection is the colour selection - it exclusively covers every shade on the nude spectrum - from classic nude beige, chocolate browns and babydoll pinks, there isn't a nude shade, or skin tone, that's left out of this range. What I love most about this collection is how flattering the tones are. I generally tend to stay away from pinky nudes and classic beiges as I just don't think they flatter my skintone, so when two of my Lip Lingeries looked quite pale, I was worried that I'd got it wrong with my choices. These are the most flattering shades that really adapt to your skin tone, so NYX have really hit the nail on the head in terms of colour choice.
Embellishment
As I ordered the shades online, I kept it quite safe with my colour choices and chose a couple of shades that my friend Emily had mentioned in her review of the lipsticks. I picked up the shades Lace Detail, Embellishment and Push Up. There are a couple of more colours that I want to try out, so I'll  be sure to update you all when I get my hands on some more! This is a great range for anyone who, like me, is desperately coveting the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits, as they're very similar in colour - the real Kylie-esque nudes! 
Lace Detail
       In terms of formula, these are really excellent products for the price. As I said, they're matte lipsticks. They initially apply quite tacky, not sticky, but you can definitely feel them when you put your lips together. The consistency is quite thin, so I generally apply a layer, allow it to dry, then go in with another layer. It dries completely matte, but it takes a minute or so for the lipstick to go totally matte. Naturally, as they are matte lipsticks, they are a little drying on the lips but they are actually really comfortable on the lips all day long.
Push Up

The most important thing to me when it comes to lipsticks is the longevity. These are by far the best liquid lipsticks I've ever tried in terms of staying put all day. From the moment they set on the lips, they're there until the end of the day. Even when I swatch them on the back of my hand they're pretty  hard to remove, so that's a good sign! 
(L-R) Lace Detail, Embellishment, Push Up.

The NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks are available from Boots.ie now and are €9.25 each. So you get three for the price of one Kylie Lip Kit, and they're easily available - what's not to love?! I couldn't recommend these enough, and I definitely see myself owning the whole collection before I'm finished...

What are your favourite liquid lipsticks? And have you been able to get your hands on a Kylie Lip Kit? Go on, make me jealous! 

Zara :-)x          


3 comments:

  1. I'm dying to try these and Embellishment looks like it's right up my street. I also really like the names of them haha.
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really would like to give these a go as a liquid lipstick addict! I love the Jeffree Star ones the most. I won't go near the Kylie ones as 1. They're an absolute rip off, and 2. There's been a lot of negativity around the company at the moment so meh.

    I recommend Jeffree Star for definite if you want to indulge in very out there shades.

    I may have to give Embellishment a go as it just looks gorgeous. Love your review. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are totally gorgeous and I do feel they would be a wonderful dupe for a kylie lip kit. Not to mention so easy to find your taste and pick it up. I'm gonna go take a peek at Nyx right now!

    www.cutieandherbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS