Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara Review

Wednesday 16 March 2016



There's nothing I love more than a good mascara launch, particularly from Maybelline as their mascaras never disappoint me. I rate Maybelline mascaras as the best that the drugstore has to offer, so I'm always right on the bandwagon when they launch a new one.
Their latest release is a new addition to the Falsies line and none other than Gigi Hadid is the face of this mascara. If it's good enough for Gigi...
The Push Up Drama mascara is marketed as "push up cup brush with cup-shaped bristles that scoops and lifts your lashes''. It promises to plump up the lashes to deliver volume and hold them in place.

The mascara itself is very wet, and so when I applied it my lashes instantly clumped together. They didn't look volumised or plumped, but I think that's down to the brush - I feel like the brush holds too much product, so your lashes are coated with too much mascara on initial application. The second time I used this mascara, I scraped off some of the product before applying and I got a much better effect. Still a little clumpy, but nothing major.

Although this is marketed as a mascara for volume, I definitely think it performs better on length than it does volume. I feel like it's more clumpy than anything else, but it certainly gives a dramatic length to my lashes. It's also great at holding a curl - I love having really curly lashes, so a mascara that can hold a curl throughout the day always goes down well with me.

The mascara stays well on the lashes all day, and I don't find that it smudges or flakes throughout the day. It's relatively easy to take off at the end of the day too - I just use a little bit of micellar water and it does the job.

Overall, I think this is a good mascara - definitely not the best that Maybelline has released though. If you want a decent budget buy that'll last all day, hold a curl and give you a nice bit of length, it ticks all of those boxes. It's a little disappointing that it doesn't provide much volume, but it's a nice mascara to layer so you can use it in conjunction with your favourite volumising mascara.

The Maybelline Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara is €11.99 and available from Maybelline stands now.

Zara :-)x

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you that the formula is so wet, I didn't get on with it at all unfortunately - glad you did though!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi seems to be everywhere at the moment! The formula sounds really disappointing. I've been leaning more towards Maxfactor products at the moment because they seem to avvoid making my eyelashes clumpy

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently using Maybelline's Great Lash, which I'm hating. Can't wait til it runs out so I can go back to CoverGirl.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS