My Five Minute Summer Makeup Routine!

Monday 6 July 2015


Last week I got back from my holiday to Portugal with my friends, and as you're reading this I'm currently on a second holiday with my family! As I have limited time to get ready when I'm on holiday, I've devised a quick, 5-minute makeup routine that is easy and long-wearing.

I like minimal makeup in the sun as I don't want to be worrying about it sliding off my face or just feeling too heavy in hot weather, so these are the products that are light-weight and budge-proof for those hot days.

Base:



  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: This is relatively new to me - I only bought it a few weeks ago after seeing every blogger on the planet raving about it! I can definitely be added to that list of bloggers who are obsessed with this concealer. I think it's a great dupe for MAC's Pro Longwear as it's got excellent coverage, blends seamlessly and doesn't crease at all. On holiday I use this as a foundation as I love how light it feels while still giving me great coverage. I simply apply it wherever I need to, then use my Beauty Blender to blend it in. 
  • ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder: After applying concealer, I set my face with this powder, and as it gives a little bit of coverage, it ties my base together as it blends the concealer into my skin so I have an overall even coverage. I've had this powder for years, but I only recently brought it out again to bring on holidays as it's so compact. It keeps my skin looking fresh and matte all day long, even in hot night clubs everything stays put! 
  • MAC Melba Blush: This is a variable in my routine, however Melba has been my blush of choice recently as I think it compliments my tanned complexion beautifully. It's a matte finish, and it really lifts my cheeks and adds a flush of colour to my skin. When I'm not using this, I normally opt for either NARS Orgasm or MAC Dainty.
Eyes:

  • Sephora Taupe Jumbo Liner: I picked this up in Portugal and I'm absolutely obsessed with it - it's the most beautiful taupe-champagne colour that's perfect for an effortless wash of colour over the lids. It's waterproof and has 12 hour wear, so it's ideal for warm weather. There's also no need for a brush as it's a cream shadow - a quick blend with your fingers is all you need.
  • Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara: This is my all-time favourite mascara that I rave about on an almost weekly basis on the blog, so I'll keep this short and sweet! I love the length and volume that this mascara gives, and although it isn't waterproof, it stays put all day.
  • Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel: A dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow, I love combing this through my brows for an effortless yet defined brow.
Lips:

  • Maybelline Dr Rescue Baby Lips: I always bring a tinted lip balm away with me as opposed to lipsticks because they're just easier to maintain and they nourish my lips at the same time. I've been really enjoying this Dr Rescue from Maybelline for a natural wash of berry across the lips.
  • Sephora Volume Serum Lip Gloss: This is great for adding a bit of volume to your lips if you have non-existent lips like me! I like to keep my looks simple on holiday so a slick of gloss is perfect for adding a little bit more to a look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS