Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Concealer Review

Friday 23 January 2015


I'm slowly getting around to reviewing all the beauty items I bought in America, so today we're going to be talking concealer. More specifically, the famous Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Concealer. This was top of my Sephora wishlist as it promises to be the most full coverage concealer you'll ever find, so much so that you can cover your tattoos with it! It sounds very promising, so how did it fare out?



The consistency of the concealer is quite thick, but it's very creamy and easy to blend. A little bit of it goes a long way, which is nice to know as it's a little pricey for a concealer!

I like to apply it with my damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, as I feel it gives the maximum amount of coverage.

In terms of coverage, this concealer does not disappoint. It blends into the skin seamlessly while leaving a flawless coverage that conceals absolutely every bit of redness on the skin. It dries to an almost satiny finish that looks incredibly natural.

The colour range is great and incredibly true to natural skin colours - not too yellow or too pink. I have the shade 16 - Light and it matches my skin impeccably.

I use this concealer exclusively for my blemishes, as I don't think it would work very well under the eyes, considering its thickness. Although it's thick, it feels very light and natural on the skin so there's no worries on that front!



It does also 'lock it' in place - the Tattoo Concealer sets itself on your skin and won't budge! This is excellent news as you don't want to be worrying about those pesky blemishes becoming visible during the day!

I love the packaging of the concealer too - it's hygienic and the squeeze-y tube makes it easy to pump out the perfect amount, allowing minimum wastage of the product. It also looks beautiful on your vanity with the tattoo inspired design!

I would highly recommend this concealer - it's my absolute go-to at the moment. Somedays I don't even bother with foundation, I just use this and a little bit of powder and I'm ready to go.

The bad news is that it's a Sephora exclusive, and it doesn't seem to be available in European Sephoras. However Sephora now ship to the UK so you can purchase it via their website.

The Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Concealer is $25 and worth every cent in my opinion.

Have you ever tried it? What other products from the Kat Von D range would you recommend?

Zara :-) x

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had grabbed this when I went, I really want to try her foundation too. I'll have to add this to my next Sephora purchase x

    Through New Eyes | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to try Kat Von D makeup! I always see it on YouTube videos and it looks so lovely and everyone raves about it :) I am going to have to do a Sephora shop to get my hands on some! Xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS