New Beauty Buys!

Tuesday 8 July 2014

A few days ago I was shopping with my mum and picked up a few beauty bits that I thought I'd share with you today! I haven't been buying make-up at all recently, but I had these products on my wishlist for quite a while so decided to treat myself!

Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Foundation  (€13.49)
One beauty product that I have never been mad about buying is foundation. My beauty weakness is definitely eyeshadow, but for some reason I never find myself wanting to buy foundations. I have quite a modest (ahem...) collection of about 8 foundations, ranging from high-end to high street that I change up regularly. However I'm at that point in the year where I have about two drops left in all of my foundations! So I decided to pick up this one as I've always been a big fan of Maybelline foundations. This new release claims to give you better skin in three weeks. I'm currently testing this claim so I will be back with a review in about three weeks time!
I've used this three times since I bought it and so far I am loving it! I'm a big fan of drugstore foundations so I'm delighted to find another winner!




Sleek i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette 'Vintage Romance' (€9.99)
I own three Sleek eyeshadow palettes that I picked up in Spain last year, as up until recently Sleek wasn't available here in Ireland. Around January, it launched in a larger Boots that wasn't close to me unfortunately, and then about a week ago I was in another Boots that had just launched a stand but this palette was sold out! Then yesterday I was over the moon to find a shiny new Sleek stand at my local Boots! I finally was able to get the Vintage Romance palette, which is absolutely stunning! At €9.99, you really can't go wrong with these palettes - the colours are beautiful and the pigmentation rivals that of top eyeshadow brands, in my opinion. My favourite palette is the Snapshots palette, but this one is certainly coming close! Here are some swatches of the palette, but I will definitely be featuring this in a make-up of the day post very soon!



Wet 'N' Wild Eyeshadow Palette 'Petal Pusher' (€6.49)
I am a huge fan of the Wet 'N' Wild 8 pan eyeshadow palettes, they are incredible quality for the price - this is my third! Wet 'N' Wild launched in Ireland about three months ago, but the stands are relatively small so there are only three of the 8 pan eyeshadows available - better than nothing I suppose!
Anyway, this gorgeous palette consists of sparkly purple tones, which I love on dark eyes like mine. What I love about these palettes is that they actually tell you where to put each colour so if you're unsure of what look you want it's a huge help. Today on my eyes I used the right side of the palette with the browbone shade on my lids, the eyelid shade in my crease and the crease colour on the outer corner. The pigment of this palette is really nice, but as you can see from the swatches some are definitely stronger than others. Do bear in mind that there is no base under the eyeshadows in the picture - I would recommend putting an eyeshadow base under them to get the full effect. I also think that the eyelid colour on the right is a great dupe for Trax by MAC - I have both and they're pretty much identical!


                                                                    




YSL Glossy Stain '#4 Mauve Pigmente' (€33.00)
This gorgeous lip stain was actually a present from my parents, but I thought I'd still show it to you here because I'm in love with it! I adore the YSL lipsticks, especially the Rouge Voulpte Shine formula, but I'd never tried these glossy stains, which are a huge hit with bloggers and Youtubers alike. This shade is called Mauve Pigmente, and it's a brownish-purple shade. It has quite a watery consistency, and stains your lips instantly. What I like about this is that you can build up the colour and keep layering it up until you get the shade you desire. I will also be showing you this in a make-up of the day post soon, as I've been wearing it ever since I got it!




 That's all for now, but keep an eye out for these products in up-coming posts!

Zara :-) x




5 comments:

  1. I am in love with Sleek palettes, they are gorgeous!

    Following you!

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that wet n wild pallette, i love how it tells you where on your eye to put it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard such great things about the wet n' wild pallet, I bet you'll love it! If you had a moment could you check out my blog:
    http://simplyeasierliving.blogspot.com/
    I also just followed you on Bloglovin, if you could do the same!
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the wet n wild palette has little descriptions telling you where to put the eyeshadow! That's brilliant for novices like me and so affordable x

    http://www.thebeautycheer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS