New In: Charlotte Tilbury Goodies!

Monday 6 March 2017

My famous last words - I'm only going for a look. This is what I kept telling myself when I recently visited Brown Thomas' incredible Charlotte Tilbury counter. Twenty minutes and a whole lot of money spent later, I left with my little bag, delighted with my new purchases. I feel like when it comes to luxury beauty, Charlotte Tilbury just cannot be beat. Her packaging, the quality of her products, her brand is iconic.

Although she has a few new releases coming this month, nothing I picked up is new to her range. They're some of her most well-known products that I finally decided to treat myself too and so far I'm absolutely loving them. I know the product on the inside is what you should be buying for, but can we just look at that packaging?! 


First up is the Kissing Fallen From The Lipstick Tree (what a mouthful!) in the shade Hepburn Honey. My all time favourite lipstick is Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution lipstick in the shade Very Victoria, and I'm nearly finished it so I thought I'd branch out and try something from one of her other ranges. Hepburn Honey is a brownish-nude, with a hint of peach. It's the perfect everyday wear shade that compliments every makeup look. It's incredibly long-wearing and so comfortable on the lips. It's a satin finish which is a nice break for my lips as I'm normally all about the matte lips! My two favourite lip pencils to pair with this shade are MAC's Stripdown or Charlotte Tilbury Iconic Nude. This will set you back €32.

Next up is the Eyes To Mesmerise cream eyeshadow. There's no in-between with me when it comes to eyes - I either want full on glam, glitter and lashes, or I just want a simple, no-fuss wash of colour over the lids as I hate not wearing eye shadow. So many people rave about these shadows so I thought it was about time I added one to my collection. All the colours are so beautiful, it was an ordeal for me to settle on just one! I went with Mona Lisa, which is a stunning bronze shade. It's so easy to work with - I just pop it on the lids with my finger then blend it out with a Morphe blending brush. It doesn't crease and it stays put all day, I feel like it's going to be a staple in my everyday makeup bag! The Eyes To Mesmerise pots are €26 each.

I'm a self-confessed blush addict, so I've always wanted a Charlotte Tilbury Cheek To Chic blush, but at €39 a pop, I had to be sure I was picking a shade that I was going to wear to death to justify the price tag. I decided to get Ecstasy, a warm coral-orange with a beautiful shimmery centre. The idea of these blushes is that you swirl your brush on the outer colour first, then use the centre shade on the apples of your cheeks to provide a youthful glow. The shade is absolutely stunning, the product is really finely milled and applies so smoothly.



Finally, my big splurge - the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. This has been on my wishlist for so long, but it was one of those products that I just couldn't justify buying. At €65, I am fully expecting it to transform me into Kim Kardashian herself. Anyway, I finally decided to treat myself to it as I was running out of my current favourite contour which is Harmony blush by MAC. While I'm not quite Kim K when I use it, I am absolutely in love with this kit. It's so pigmented, but it blends so smoothly that it's quite difficult to go overboard with it. The highlight is beautifully subtle and perfect for everyday wear. Although it's very spendy, I couldn't recommend this palette enough - I'm obsessed!

I'm loving my latest Charlotte Tilbury treats - her products never fail to impress. Although they're incredibly expensive the quality is outstanding so you're certainly getting your money's worth. It'll probably be a while before I take another trip to her counter, but for the moment I'll be writing another wishlist of products for my next visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS