YSL Fusion Ink Foundation Review!

Tuesday 12 January 2016

I've wanted to try a YSL foundation for the longest time now, but it was just one of those things that I kept putting off in order to buy other beauty launches. I recently got my hands on one and I'm so glad I finally bit the bullet and treated myself.

The foundation that I had my eye on was the Fusion Ink for a few reasons - number one, the packaging is absolutely beautiful! Secondly, it claims to offer a soft, light to medium matte coverage. I love matte foundations and I like to have a foundation that's buildable so I'm in control of how much product I have on my face. I always opt for the buildable foundations because when I'm having a good skin day, I love a light base and then I'll just add a high coverage concealer wherever I need it.

The texture of this foundation is like nothing I've ever tried before - it's so soft and silky on the skin, it literally feels like velvet. It's a very runny foundation, but it blends into the skin so seamlessly. I've found the best way to apply this foundation to get the best coverage is to use a buffing brush. I've never had a foundation that's so easy to blend into the skin. I normally find that matte foundations take a little longer to work into the skin but this blends in as if it's a moisturiser - it's a great option if you're stuck for time in the mornings as you don't have to keep going back over it to ensure it's blended properly!

This may seem like an obvious piece of advice considering it's a matte foundation, but really ensure your skin is properly prepped as this foundation will cling on to any little dry patch you may have. I have quite oily skin but recently I've been getting some dry patches and if I don't properly prep my skin, the foundation will bunch around the dry area. I like to use my regular face moisturiser from Liz Earle, then I apply my Nivea Hydration Primer and it works really well.
Although this is a matte foundation, it certainly doesn't make your skin look flat, it has a very skin-like finish. It looks so flawless but it doesn't look or feel heavy or cakey.

In terms of longevity, it's a 10/10 for this one. I haven't even been using a setting powder with this foundation and it lasts all day on me without getting the slightest bit oily. I prime with my Nivea Hydration Primer and I use my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder as a finishing powder, but even if I don't use that I don't need to worry about my foundation fading or getting oily.

I use the shade B20, which is a perfect match for my skin. For the last while I've had to mix foundations and blend them down my neck as they were all far too dark for me, so I'm so glad to have something that matches me perfectly!

My only issue with this foundation is the applicator - it doesn't have a pump, it has a sort of spatula type applicator. I don't like it at all as I don't feel like it adds anything to the product - it's far too time consuming as the spatula holds very little product. I just tip a little bit of foundation onto the back of my hand and work from there as it's much more convenient.

The YSL Fusion Ink Foundation is €40 and available at YSL counters now. If you're thinking of treating yourself to a high-end foundation, I couldn't recommend this one more.

Have you tried a YSL foundation?

Zara :-)x

3 comments:

  1. I quite like this foundation, and out of the similar ones I've tried is probably the more forgiving. Agree about the spatula, not really a great idea! xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually took this out last weekend & used it for the first time in ages & fell in love all over again! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this one too, I must dig out my bottle!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS