NYX Wonderstick Review and Swatches!

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Without a doubt contouring has been the biggest makeup trend of the last few years, and every makeup brand has hopped on the bandwagon with their own contour kits. The majority of high-end and drugstore brands have powder kits, but it's rare to find a high quality cream contour on the drugstore market.

NYX launched here in Ireland last year and they've slowly been releasing their best selling American products to our market, and one of the most recent additions to the lineup is the NYX Wonderstick. It's a double-ended stick that boasts a cream contour and cream highlighter stick. It's by far the best contouring and highlighting duo I have ever come across - I'm obsessed.

Both the contour and highlight look like crayons, making it super easy to scuplt out your cheekbones. It reminds me of the Clinique Chubby Sticks, but much more accessible, both in terms of price and that this is just one product with both the highlighter and contour, whereas the Clinique highlight and contour are sold separately.

The Wonderstick comes in four shades - Light, Medium, Dark and Universal. This is the light shade, and while the contour shade is perfect for me, I find the highlighter a little too white for my liking. It doesn't bother me though as I prefer to use my Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer as my highlight. Sometimes I use the NYX highlighter if I'm opting for a dramatic contour, so I use it to define the line even further.

The Wonderstick couldn't be easier to use, and it's incredibly creamy so it takes seconds to blend it out. One layer is perfect for a natural contour, but you could definitely build it up for a dramatic, Kim K contour look. To blend out the contour I either use my Beauty Blender or the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush.


The NYX Wonderstick is the perfect addition to your makeup collection if you're a big contour fan like me. At €14.99, it's excellent value for what you get - I've been recommending it to everyone I know! 

What's your favourite contour product?

Zara :-) x 

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried a cream contour before but I love NYX so would definitely give this a go, their Taupe blush is one of my favourites for contouring!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this at Ulta but I held off on getting it because I didn't know if it was any good. I might need to pick this one up.

    Amy | Dervish Darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah was just looking for something similar to this the other day and couldn't find the colour I needed. This looks perfect! I wish their lip products would come back in stock online so I can add this in too xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so nice! I really want to try a cream contour!
    junebugmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS